Haiti is the poorest country in the western hemisphere. With more than 70% of people living below the poverty line and a 40% unemployment rate, good jobs are hard to come by. With this in mind, we want to produce more opportunities for our students when they graduate from Lifesong School to have meaningful and ethical employment options.
Our goal through Pitch Haiti is to look for business ventures that are new and innovative that will impact the country of Haiti. Similar to ABC’s hit TV show, Shark Tank, we’ll have a panel of business leaders who will give critiques and invest into businesses. The winner will receive a $5,000 investment into their business.
Do you own a business in Haiti that needs investment? Whether you just have a great business idea, a small start-up, or want to grow your existing business, if you feel you have a business worth investing in, Pitch Haiti is for you.
Change in Haiti’s economy can only happen from within. We want to see communities grow and produce more opportunities through meaningful and ethical employment options. Our goal through Pitch Haiti is to award funding to a deserving business in Haiti an opportunity to grow through a top prize of $5,000 (USD) investment.
We will choose the top 10-15 applicants to pitch their business in 20 minutes to our judges. Apply below.
Servotel in Port Au Prince
August 16, 2019
Prizes; 1st place: $5,000 investment, 2nd place: $500 gift card, 3rd place: $250 gift card.
- The goal is to have 50 applicants
- We will narrow them down to 10-20 selected for oral presentations
- 1st place will receive a $5000 investment, 2nd place will receive a $500 gift card, and 3rd place will receive a cash prize
- The initial investment to the winning venture will be $5,000 each with potential for future commitment
- We are looking for ideas that are new and innovative
- Deadline to apply is June 1, 2019, by 11:45 pm CST.