Apply for Adoption Financial Assistance
What to Know About Adoption Financial Assistance
We get it. Adoption funding can be overwhelming. Which is why money is the #1 reason families who consider adopting don’t do it. So we want to help.
We believe every child deserves the love of a family. Thus, our goal is for kids to be adopted into traditional, 2-parent, Christian families.
We keep financial assistance simple so you can focus on bringing your child home.
Specifically, we offer financial assistance based on the following:
- Leading of the Spirit as we pray for wisdom.
- Need of the child. (For example, special needs, older child.)
- Financial need of adoptive parents.
- Letter showing support from your church.
- Availability of funds.
A Few Quick Considerations for Financial Assistance
The process is simple. To begin with, complete and submit an application. Then request a matching grant or interest-free loan. Finally, wait to see if you qualify for fundraising support.
Further, here are a few considerations:
- Submit an application after your homestudy is complete.
- This application is for domestic and international adoptions.
- Applications from all qualifying U.S. citizens will be reviewed.
- Lifesong must receive the completed application before the placement of a child in your home. (Because this allows us to comply with IRS guidelines and ECFA best practice.)
- You may only submit 1 application for assistance per adoption to Lifesong. (This includes any of Lifesong’s adoption fund partners.) But 1 application may be used for multiple fundraising opportunities.
- All financial applications are reviewed and decided upon by Lifesong, Inc., a separate Section 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization. This is an objective evaluation and independent decision-making process.
All other questions about adoption financial assistance can be answered here.
Download Your Free Application
Please mail the financial application to:
Lifesong for Orphans
Attn: Adoption Assistance
PO Box 9
Gridley, IL 61744
*For Colorado families, please contact your homestudy agency directly to request and grant permission for the agency to send your Homestudy to Lifesong directly.