Let’s face it, parenting is hard work.
And parenting children with difficult histories can add unique challenges. But what you’re doing every day for your child—caring, teaching, loving—is eternally significant work.
So parents, here are 10 verses for your encouragement—
1. In peace I will both lie down and sleep; for you alone, O Lord, make me dwell in safety.
2. Be still, and know that I am God. I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth.
3. He gives power to the faint, and to him who has no might he increases strength.
4. But they who wait for the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings like eagles; they shall run and not be weary; and they shall walk and not faint.
5. The steadfast love of the Lord never ceases; his mercies never come to an end; they are new every morning; great is your faithfulness.
6. Come to me, all who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.
7. But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly of my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may rest upon me.
—2 Corinthians 12:9
8. And let us not grow weary of doing good, for in due season we will reap, if we do not give up.
9. Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.
10. For God is not unjust so as to overlook your work and the love that you have shown for his name in serving the saints, as you still do.
Parents, thank you for the work of love you do every day. It matters.
For additional reading:
Surviving Motherhood: 7 Thoughts from Fellow Moms
Want more encouragement? Subscribe to any of these 6 adoption, foster, & orphan care podcasts.