Bright Hope for Tomorrow | Zambia Update
Richard and his mother and grandmother live in a small house in the nearby village. 15 people live in the house together.
His grandfather died 2 years ago after a long illness. His father has been gone for a few years. Richard had the opportunity to attend Lifesong School for the past 3 years, but Richard needs the opportunity to transition into a different environment to give him a chance to succeed outside the classroom. The only person working to support the family is Richard’s grandmother, Kenia. She has been employed at Lifesong Farms for 3 years and faithfully gives what she has to support a large family.
At Lifesong School we make a promise to “our children.” Specifically, we pledge that our children will–
- not want for food, clothing, medical care, or shelter
- be taught the Gospel and how to live as followers of Jesus Christ
- receive a quality education to provide a foundation for their future
- experience continued love and support as they transition into adult living
Exciting New Launch
Here in Zambia, we have the opportunity to introduce a brand-new branch of our ministry. This month we begin our LifeSkills program. This program is designed with a specific focus on the 3rd and 4th promises of the above pledge. The students entering this program are transitioning from our school to a place we hope they will each excel and flourish as they begin studying different vocational aspects for their future. We are excited to begin … and so is Richard.
The cornerstone of the program is our LifeSkills Research Farm. Using the Foundations for Farming Program, we will teach students like Richard how to farm on a small scale in Africa for maximum production and profitability. Richard will be able to support himself and contribute to the needs of his family. In addition, students like Richard will learn basic living skills, time management, Christian living, and God’s purpose for work.
- Pray for students like Richard who need extra support to overcome long odds for success.
- Pray for the LifeSkills Program and the teacher, Ameck, as we work with these young people to continue showing them the love of God.
- Would you pray about partnering with us to provide the needed resources to launch this program and grow it as the need grows?
- Pray for wisdom that we can show these students the love of Christ and give them the tools they need for life.
And God is able to make all grace abound to you, so that having all sufficiency in all things at all times, you may abound in every good work. –2 Corinthians 9:8
Pray for the new LifeSkills program in Zambia.
JOIN THE PRAYER TEAM
[wc_posts author=”” author_name=”” p=”” post__in=”” order=”DESC” orderby=”date” post_status=”publish” post_type=”post” posts_per_page=”3″ taxonomy=”post_tag” field=”slug” terms=”orphancare” title=”yes” meta_all=”yes” meta_author=”no” meta_date=”no” date_format=”M j, Y” meta_comments=”yes” thumbnail=”yes” content=”yes” paging=”no” size=”wccarousel” filtering=”yes” columns=”3″ gutter_space=”20″ heading_type=”h4″ layout=”grid” template=”box” excerpt_length=”15″][/wc_posts]